Penetration testing – whether it’s internal or external, white-box or black-box – uncovers critical issues and demonstrates how well your network and information assets are protected. Because Coalfire Labs thinks and acts like an attacker, you can discover critical vulnerabilities and remediate them before they are exploited.
Our penetration testing engagements identify the threats to your organization, key assets that may be at risk, and the threat agents that may attempt to compromise them. Each engagement is customized to your requirements and may span from breaching a single host to gaining deep network access.
We begin by identifying assignment objectives and the attack vectors and scenarios that we’ll use. Throughout the engagement, we provide ongoing status reports, immediate identification of critical risks, and knowledge transfer to your technical team. At the end of the process, we ensure you have a complete understanding of the exploitable vulnerabilities in your environment as well as recommended remediation strategies.
Our penetration methodology follows these standard phases:
- Network mapping and host discovery
- Service identification, vulnerability scanning, and web application discovery
- Identification of critical systems and network protections
- Research exploits and attacks based on enumerated information
- Active exploitation of vulnerable systems and applications
- Manual testing tailored to the deployment and business purpose of the target
- Escalate privileges and compromise credentials
- Leverage compromised systems to gain new access further into the network
- Attempt to access business-critical systems or information to demonstrate impact
Why Choose Coalfire as your Penetration Testing Partner
Government agencies and Fortune 500 companies rely on our comprehensive technical security assessment services because we:
Extend beyond the tools: Our approach goes beyond the use of automated tools and processes to include deep knowledge of how compromises can occur in government and commercial organizations.
Follow a time-efficient process: We ensure all assessments are effectively executed within limited engagement windows by prioritizing the testing of critical devices and components.
Deliver deep insight: Our assessments provide you with valuable and actionable insights into discovered vulnerabilities, potential attack paths, business impact of breaches, and remediation steps.
Help you address the issues: Experienced, skilled tests develop our comprehensive reports so you can easily understand the actionable information contained within them.
Stay ahead of the evolving landscape: Our team members undergo extensive training, participate as industry thought leaders, and have earned industry certifications, including GXPN, GPEN, GCIH, GWAPT, CREST CCT, MCSE, RHCT, OSCP, OSCE, NSA IAM/IEM, CEH, PMP, and CISSP.