What are the HITRUST CSF assessment options?
Covered entities and business associates use Coalfire HITRUST CSF facilitated self-assessment, validated assessment and certification services that align with the CSF to provide a comprehensive compliance program to prepare their organization for CSF adoption and certification.
Why should I consider HITRUST assessment/certification?
- You’re a business associate that received a letter from a covered entity that requires you to be HITRUST CSF certified.
- You’re a covered entity that seeks to improve your overall risk management program and security maturity posture.
- You’re a business associate that wants to achieve the high-bar of HIPAA compliance to protect customer data – thereby helping to increase revenue from the healthcare industry.
- You want a framework that includes, harmonizes and cross-references existing, globally recognized standards, regulations and business requirements, including HIPAA, HITECH, NIST, ISO, PCI, FTC, COBIT and scales controls according to the type, size and complexity of an organization.
Why choose Coalfire?
- Coalfire is one of a few assessor firms appointed to the HITRUST Assessor Council based on qualifications and experience as a CSF Assessor organization. Read more here.
- Coalfire helps streamline HITRUST CSF and EHNAC controls with the migration of HIPAA Security/Privacy modules within EHNAC accreditations to the HITRUST CSF framework.
- Coalfire is a HITRUST CSF subject matter expert derived from over five years of assessor-firm experience and hundreds of HITRUST assessments; not to mention thousands of HIPAA assessments.
- For organizations lacking policies and procedures, we developed the FastTrack Toolkit as a way to expeditiously upgrade existing policies and procedures that align to 100% of the CSF requirements.
- We have more than 35 certified HITRUST CSF practitioners on staff ready to help you with your HITRUST journey.
- Coalfire continually educates the market about the HITRUST CSF through event presentations, webinars, case studies and white papers – see the full list of assets on the Insights and Literature tabs above.
- Coalfire has been a leading cyber risk management and compliance advisory firm since 2001.
- Coalfire Controls is an AICPA-member firm that performs SOC audits in conjunction with HITRUST assessments, which has helped clients save up to 40% in time, cost, and security team productivity.
- How to Choose a HITRUST Assessor Firm: Best-Practice Screenings from Healthcare Organizations Just Like Yours - blog post from the HITRUST Alliance
What our clients are saying
“Coalfire is the cream of the crop when it comes to delivering HITRUST assessment and certification projects.” – CISO, Large Covered Entity
“Coalfire delivered our HITRUST/SOC project as a coordinated service that saved us 40% in time, cost, and security team productivity.” – Senior Manager Audit and Third Party Assurance, Large Business Associate
“Coalfire’s HITRUST practitioner not only knew the nuances of healthcare data, but as a FedRAMP assessor, he brought valuable insight to our cloud services business.” – CEO, Cloud Services Provider