FlexPod® Datacenter is a data center architecture that is predesigned and built on the Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS), Cisco Nexus switch family, and NetApp® Fabric-Attached Storage (FAS) systems. FlexPod is designed to run a multitude of virtualization solutions and be an ideal platform for enterprise workloads.
The primary objective for this white paper is to render an opinion on the suitability of FlexPod Datacenter to assist Agencies (Tenant) and Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) in their FedRAMP deployments. It is the intent of the authors to use the following process to illustrate our findings and satisfy these objectives:
- State the CSP and Tenant objectives
- Provide an overview of FlexPod Datacenter
- Illustrate the specifics of our lab instance of FlexPod Datacenter
- Present the Hybrid Use Case for a conjoined CSP and Tenant in a single FlexPod
- Reveal our methodology
- Perform a FedRAMP “simulated audit”
- Document our findings on a per-control basis
- Make relevant statements about each Control Family and the particulars of the FlexPod implementation that may support meeting objectives of said control(s)
- State our opinion
Although the opinion itself may be helpful, this paper also contains a representative overview of many aspects of the FedRAMP process and program. It is a secondary objective of this white paper to inform a newcomer to FedRAMP the technical approach to using converged infrastructure to construct the CSP and Agency workloads.
To access this white paper please fill out the form located in this page.