A Roadmap to Compliance with the New York State Cybersecurity Regulation
23 NYCRR 500 - Cybersecurity Requirements for Financial Services Companies
On March 1st, 2017, sweeping new cybersecurity requirements were placed on organizations regulated by the New York State Department of Financial Services. The law applies to a broad set of ‘Covered Entities’ that are supervised by the NYDFS, including banks, trusts, budget planners, check cashers, credit unions, money transmitters, licensed lenders, mortgage brokers or bankers, and insurance companies that do business in New York.
This law is the first of its kind in the nation, and there are multiple exemptions and transition periods to consider. But this much is clear:
- The law applies to all companies supervised by the NYDFS (not just NY-based companies)
- The board and/or company officers are on the hook (a certificate of compliance is due by February 2018)
- The time to ‘get compliant’ is now (some of the requirements will take months to implement)
In this recorded webinar, experts from Chertoff Group and Coalfire Systems will provide;
- A briefing on the law and its requirements
- Solutions to address the law’s most important requirements
- A roadmap for completing your preparations and achieving compliance
This webinar requires registration. Please fill out the form to instantly receive access.