To provide valuable services to their citizens, state and local governments must collect and store vast amounts of critically important data – everything from health information and tax returns, to voter registrations and property titles, and more. The lure of this data makes state and local governments a target of choice for many attackers.
Coalfire understands the intricacies, structure, and dependencies found in the state and local governments: multiple departments, numerous buildings, thousands of users, hundreds of network switches and servers, and more. We have helped states and communities of all sizes and structures identify risks and close gaps in their environment. Our experience with all the major compliance frameworks, cyber risk advisory and assessments, vendor risk management, as well as new and emerging technologies, enables us to help state and local governments understand threats, mitigate risk, and plan for the future.
Benefits of working with Coalfire:
- Develop a comprehensive cybersecurity approach.
- Ensure compliance with PCI DSS, HIPAA, FISMA, and more.
- Diligently protect data by identifying vulnerabilities and closing gaps.
- Receive independent, vendor-agnostic advice and validation of IT controls.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest threats.
- Effectively manage third-party risk.
- Promptly detect, respond, and manage security incidents.
- Address compliance requirements with a consolidated approach.