The physical world is colliding with the digital world bringing the bright promise of business success and consumer benefits. However, security breaches negatively impact business and consumer confidence, dimming the bright promise. A holistic approach to security across the complete ecosystem of connected devices, the software that makes them useful, and the cloud and network infrastructure that supports them is critical to unlocking the IoT’s full potential.
IoT users, makers, and operators have distinct security requirements that need to work in concert. Coalfire helps security leaders understand the expanded attack surface of the IoT ecosystem and model the threats and implications of attacks so business leaders can make informed decisions about their defensive options. Our services allow constituents to test, monitor, and secure the physical and digital world of IoT.
Securing both the ‘I’ and ‘T’ in IoT
Whether you’re bringing new IoT products to market, integrating IoT connectivity into your existing offerings, or implementing them into your networks, you face a range of security challenges. Coalfire helps you to secure products, infrastructure, and services thereby reducing risk and protecting customer data and privacy.
Developers, operators and manufacturers of IoT solutions need to protect themselves and their customers before they go to market and throughout the product lifecycle. We can help you identify vulnerabilities in embedded devices, applications, back-end services, APIs, cloud platforms, and their connected environments.
Businesses that want to gain competitive advantage by integrating IoT into their operations need to deploy devices securely and keep a watchful eye on the technology. We can help you understand the implications of connecting new assets to your network and how to ensure continuous monitoring and compliance.
The value Coalfire brings to IoT:
- With intelligence gathered from our cutting-edge security research and advanced penetration testing projects, our world-class Labs team understands how attackers think and operate.
- We go beyond the tools and apply the human element that results in the deep, specialized knowledge we bring to every engagement.
- Our millions of scans, thousands of penetration tests, and contributions to the security community have established Coalfire Labs as world-renowned experts on the past, present, and future of security.
Coalfire IoT experience:
- Developed a connected appliance (IoT) cybersecurity framework for a large appliance manufacturer.
- Helped a medical device manufacturer mature their overall security program with pre-market device testing.
- Exploited vulnerabilities/mitigated risk in connected-car software at a major automotive company to deliver a secure and safe electric automobile.
- Helped organizations take new products to market by providing valuable third-party validation and white papers that outlined the security approach and controls embedded within a solution and provided competitive differentiation for marketing and selling solutions.
- Embedded Device Security
- Cloud Security Services
- Firmware Security Analysis
- Wireless Protocol Security
- Infrastructure Security Testing
- Application Validation and Security
- Penetration Testing
- Incident Response Planning
- Custom IoT Policies and Procedures