To meet cybersecurity goals reduce risk to acceptable levels, it’s important that organizations conduct a gap analysis. Equally important is that they conduct it correctly so security leaders can properly balance business needs, regulatory requirements, and industry best practices.
Coalfire is unique in that we offer a gap advisory service that can help remediate controls and close gaps in multiple areas of your cybersecurity program, no matter where you are on the maturity model. For example, if you’ve already completed a cyber risk program maturity assessment (CMM) using any number of frameworks (NIST CSF, COBIT5, CIS Critical Security Controls, etc.) we can help you progress from your current maturity level to your target level.
Alternatively, if you’re a CIO or CISO and need the staff and expertise to handle your control, design, implementation, or testing projects, Coalfire can help.
Our cyber advisory services include the following dimensions, as defined in our CMM program:
- Risk management
- Governance, compliance, and assurance
- Security organization
- Security technology
- Third-party risk
- Threat and vulnerability management
- Incident management
Our comprehensive services include:
- Gap Identification
- Control Design, Selection:
- If procedural and administrative controls need remediation, we analyze requirements, bring templates and best practices to bear, customize, and implement.
- If technical controls need remediation, we analyze requirements, evaluate alternatives (vendor selection process), and develop recommendations.
- Control Implementation, including configuration and training.
- Control Testing and Assurance
- You may also take advantage of our other cyber risk advisory services, including:
- Enterprise Risk Assessments
- Cybersecurity Control Assessments
- Incident Response Advisory
- Third Party Risk Management Advisory
Why Coalfire for your Gap Advisory
Since our founding in 2001, Coalfire has established itself as a pure-play, vendor-neutral cybersecurity advisory firm serving as a trusted advisor to executives, legal counsel, compliance managers and security practitioners across numerous industries.
Each Coalfire project is led by a credentialed, industry-savvy senior director and supported by consultants armed with the methodologies, proven proprietary frameworks, insights and know-how accumulated through service to over 1,400 clients annually. We’re skilled communicators who present our findings in business terms for truly actionable insights.