Do you have gaps in your cybersecurity leadership? Need help recruiting a security leader who understands both the technology and business impacts of cybersecurity risks and strategy?
As the threat landscape increases, the chief information security officer (CISO) plays a vital role in establishing and maintaining your organization’s strategy and program for protecting critical assets. But even if you have a CISO in place, they are often overwhelmed and require the support of a team of specialists to manage the many controls, regulations, and technologies that pepper the cybersecurity landscape.
This scenario can result in a non-existent or immature cybersecurity program with insufficient policies, lack of governance, and a limited cybersecurity framework (the basis for determining “where the enterprise is at”) – all of which can put your organization at risk.
Compliance Isn’t Enough
For many a focus on compliance is often regarded as sufficient. But compliance efforts are limited in scope and even if you pass a compliance test, you may not be as secure as you want to be.
How Coalfire Can Help
Cybersecurity can’t be ignored. Yet good cybersecurity skills are hard to come by. With more openings than qualified candidates, finding a judicious way to get started is harder than you think.
Coalfire’s CISO Advisory services provide your organization with access to a team of skilled security professionals and dedicated security advisor. We can assist CISOs with:
- Cybersecurity strategy development.
- Cybersecurity program development.
- Cybersecurity policy development.
- Cybersecurity program management, including ongoing operation and monitoring of the cybersecurity program consisting of full-time or fractional support on a daily, weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis.
In addition, take advantage of our robust portfolio of cyber risk assessment services, including:
The service is also the ideal companion to our external penetration testing service, a best practice strategy in which you’ll gain an independent view of what the acquisition target looks like to an attacker.
Virtual CISO Services
To support your staffing needs we can also provide virtual CISO services to fulfil your interim or acting staffing needs. Virtual CISO services provide experienced, certified security professionals designed to assist you through the process of establishing, improving and managing an effective security and risk program to meet the unique demands of your organization. Combining industry knowledge and security expertise, virtual CISOs step in and become part of your team.
Our virtual CISOs can work on-site or remotely and on either a full-time or fractional basis.
Why Coalfire for your CISO Advisory Needs
Jump-start your cybersecurity program and benefit from the policies, frameworks, and know-how that can take years to develop. Coalfire excels at:
- Industry Leadership: Since our founding in 2001, Coalfire has established itself as a pure-play, vendor-neutral cybersecurity advisory firm serving as a trusted advisor to executives, legal counsel, compliance managers and security practitioners across numerous industries.
- Trusted Insight and Direction: Each Coalfire project is led by a credentialed, industry-savvy senior director and supported by consultants armed with the methodologies, proven proprietary frameworks, insights and know-how accumulated through service to over 1,400 clients annually. We are skilled communicators who present our findings in business terms for truly actionable insights.