Payment card data is subject to constant threats from cyber criminals, and the security of payment card data to modern businesses is paramount to success.
Managing the security of payment applications falls to the PCI Security Standards Council’s Payment Application Data Security Standard (PA-DSS). The PA-DSS is designed to ensure that essential application security controls are implemented, and software is developed in line with good security practices.
Why Validate to PA-DSS?
Having an application validated to the PA-DSS standard enables software vendors to demonstrate to acquiring banks, payment processors, payment card brands, and retailers that they take application security seriously. Merchants can simplify their PCI DSS assessments by using a PA-DSS validated application, which can be mandated by acquiring banks and the card brands in some circumstances.
Go with the Leader
Coalfire completes more PA-DSS assessments than any other qualified security assessor (QSA) in the world. Our dedicated specialist unit of application security professionals has been delivering application security assessments since the infancy of the PA-DSS program, when it was still known as a PABP assessment.
Dedicating a team to PA-DSS assessments has allowed us to continuously improve our process and to have expert focus and centralized resources for more thorough, efficient engagements. We continuously collaborate with clients across their development, engineering, and product teams to support their delivery of more secure applications.
Coalfire leads the way in assessing the security of new and emerging payment application technology. We work directly with the PCI Standards Council to improve the standards. Coalfire is a frequent author of white papers with leading vendors on use of their innovative technologies.
Our team uses CoalfireOne℠ to ensure projects are consistently managed and that compliance challenges are identified early so they can be addressed quickly and cost-effectively. CoalfireOne is designed for collaboration to ensure our clients are an integral part of the assessment process.
More than Just an Assessor
With Coalfire, you have a trusted advisor who will:
- Enable you to integrate security into your payment application development lifecycle for a more efficient compliance process.
- Explain compliance nuances to enable you to define a clear plan for success.
- Help overcome the challenges from certification ineligibility with a Coalfire white paper. These can demonstrate that your product has been independently assessed to the same level of rigor as a certified and listed payment application.
Why Choose Coalfire for your PA-DSS needs
- Save time and resources by integrating your security and compliance needs into the early stages of development and streamline the PA-DSS assessment process.
- Access unparalleled technical expertise, reducing the time it takes for an assessment to be delivered.
- Leverage our investment to become the biggest provider of PA-DSS services in the market.
- Receive consistent results that you can rely on with a consistent methodology and a proven technology-enabled team.
- Take advantage of an expert team of trusted advisors who will support the process and work with you to ensure you are successful.