Coalfire’s independent team of advisors can help your organization prepare your cloud service for FedRAMP assessment and authorization. Our advisors are FedRAMP specialists who can lead organizations in their preparation effort and can assist with compliance gap analysis, advisory, and assessment while addressing risk and aligning your cybersecurity strategies with business goals.
Cloud Migration Strategy for FedRAMP using Security Automation and Orchestration (SAO) techniques
Expedite your FedRAMP initiative with approved Security Automation and Orchestration (SAO) techniques as part of your cloud migration strategy to meet FedRAMP on AWS. Coalfire’s combined NIST Advisory and Cyber Engineering teams have developed a process that assists clients in architecting/building and documenting compliant FedRAMP architectures in less than 6 months and at a fraction of historical costs. Learn More
Our customized FedRAMP advisory services, include:
- Business case analysis to help determine the cost/benefit justification of achieving FedRAMP certification of your solution.
- Security control implementation analysis, review and remediation.
- Roadmap for FedRAMP accreditation.
- Technical architecture and design reviews.
- System documentation development.
- Complete security authorization package development.
FedRAMP Compliance Review
Our experienced FedRAMP Advisory team conducts several days of analysis and review, then advises project stakeholders about key steps in the process. Our review process includes:
- Providing overview of the FedRAMP processes and authorization paths
- Boundary scoping to ensure all components and interconnections have been identified
- Analysis and review of security control implementations
- Recommendations for all requirements not met
- Review of existing system documentation
- Focused review of controls required for FedRAMP Readiness Assessment
- Determination of reuse of corporate/system-specific policies and procedures
- A review of vulnerability scanning program/tools and recommendations
- Establishment of a roadmap for FedRAMP authorization
- Tips for achieving FedRAMP Ready and submitting a winning JAB Business Case
Full Advisory Support
We map each advisory service to a specific step of the FedRAMP process, so you can choose the level of support you need. Working closely with your team, Coalfire’s advisors will help you design and develop security controls that meet FedRAMP requirements. Activities include:
- Complete required FedRAMP documentation:
- System security plan (SSP)
- Information security policies
- Contingency plan
- Incident response plan
- Configuration management plan
- Continuous monitoring plan
- Privacy threshold analysis and privacy impact assessment (if necessary)
- E-authentication workbook
- Rules of behavior
- System description and network architecture development and guidance
- FIPS 199 Security Categorization
- Control implementation summary
- Add-on Advisory services:
Why Choose Coalfire to be your FedRAMP Advisor
As the leading FedRAMP 3PAO in the industry, we provide FedRAMP advisory and assessment services for cloud service providers (IaaS / PaaS / SaaS). View our FedRAMP authorized clients on FedRAMP.gov.
You’ll benefit from our unparalleled FedRAMP leadership and experience advising and assessing the largest CSPs in the world. We can help transform the way government and commercial organizations work as they migrate IT services to the cloud. As one of the longest tenured 3PAOs, Coalfire has helped more systems attain an ATO than any other 3PAO in the industry.
- Coalfire is a leading FedRAMP 3PAO having completed more than 70 Assessments for cloud service providers that have received FedRAMP ATO.
- We know the process and best practices and understand FedRAMP requirements and JAB interpretation of controls.
- Our teams are highly experienced and well versed in NIST 800-53 and DoD requirements and how they relate to commercial cloud environments.
- Coalfire has been providing assessment services since 2001.
Since FedRAMP’s inception, Coalfire has been a charter member and active contributor to the 3PAO Special Interest Group (SIG) and other key initiatives organized by the FedRAMP Program Management Office (PMO) and the FedRAMP working group with the ACT-IAC. Our leadership team continues to participate as thought leaders in the FedRAMP community through speaking engagements and expert panels.