Improving the Incident Response Function: SANS 2018 Incident Response Survey Results
Incident responders are catching and remediating threats faster than ever, according to past SANS surveys. Much of their success can be attributed to improving technologies, such as threat intelligence--73 percent of respondents to last year's survey said they were using threat intelligence to enable more accurate investigations.
This webcast releases results from the SANS 2018 Incident Response Survey, developed by Matt Bromiley, SANS Digital Forensics and Incident Response (IR) instructor and GIAC board member. Matt explores how integration and automation can help IR teams find efficiencies and protect their environments, including:
- Processes and technologies that work best in responding to threats
- Where and how intelligence, analytics, threat hunting and other new technologies fit into investigation workflow
- Improving remediation workflow to thoroughly identify and clean impacted systems
- Completing the loop to patch and repair vulnerabilities discovered in the investigation
- Best ways to inform prevention systems to be on the lookout for similar threats
- Benchmarking against past performance for continuous program improvement
This webinar requires registration. Please fill out the form on this page and we will send access to the email address you provide. Access will include both part 1 and part 2 of the SANS 2018 Incident Response Survey Results.