Appropriate Dispute Comments
The ASV team here at Coalfire wants to enable our scanning clients to get their disputes accepted the first time around, and to lessen the back-and-forth-review process. Dispute comments should provide a somewhat detailed explanation regarding what is being disputed, as well as what the associated evidence is trying to explain. Here are some examples of what cannot be accepted as dispute comments, based upon PCI SSC guidelines, which ASVs are required to adhere to:
- “False Positive. See evidence”
- “See attached evidence”
- “We have controls in place”
- “We have accepted this risk”
The information submitted in dispute comments, once accepted, is populated word-for-word into the associated Detail and Summary Reports. Additionally, if the dispute comments are too vague, this will leave many questions to the whomever is reviewing disputes within the associated reporting. Therefore, ASV scanning clients should also leave out comments that are not related to what is being disputed. Here are some examples of what should be left out.
- “This dispute has been accepted before”
- “This is a repeat dispute”
- “Why does this keep showing up”
If you have any questions regarding what is acceptable when submitting a dispute, please feel free to reach out to email@example.com.
Training and Help Section
Need a refresher on how to submit a dispute or maybe how to provide evidence? Look no further! Coalfire provides user guides as well as training videos on various functions within CoalfireOne.
You can find the Training and Help Section by clicking here.
Past Newsletters and Events
If you've missed our previous CoalfireOne Scans Newsletters, you can find them as well as other Coalfire related news and events by clicking here.
Have a question about CoalfireOne?
The ScanDesk is ready to help. M-F: 6 AM-6 PM MT
650-597-4510 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know?
- Per PCI guidelines, disputes can be accepted for a period no longer than 90 days. CoalfireOne has a “Disputes by Vulnerability” option to lighten the load of submitting disputes from quarter to quarter.
- Timely dispute response. Once a dispute is submitted, you will receive information if the dispute has been accepted or rejected within 5 business days. If the disputes have been rejected, a detailed explanation will be provided by a CoalfireOne representative.
<< Go Back